Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sheet Music at Your Public Library


Sheet music can be expensive. I've become a proponent of getting whatever I can from the library, and if I'm not looking for a specific piece or book, it can be pretty effective. When I visited friends in Minnesota, we went to the stacks and pulled out a handful of duets and sonatas just to read through once. Today, I searched for string quartet parts, and found hundreds of selections at the Multnomah County Library. From the comfort of my living room, I scrolled through and chose a bunch to request. I really enjoy putting things on hold and then forgetting about them. When they come in months later, I get to go find out what it is I requested and get excited about it all over again. A few at least were available now, so I'll get to go pick them up in a couple of days.

No comments: